Wednesday 24 October 2012
Tuesday 23 October 2012
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته وكل عام وأنتم بخير
أود إعلامكم بأنه سيكون هناك إختبار شامل في درس القراءة (الألعاب الأولمبية) بتاريخ نوفمبر 31
أما الإملاء فسيكون في الفقرة التي عنوانها الألعاب الأولمبية صفحة (89) وهو تدريب على كتابة الهمزة آخر الكلمة في 5نوفمبر. .
حفظ نص (قطرة المطر). اختبار القواعد في الجملة الفعلية يوم الجمعة 9 نوفمبر.
شكرا لكم تعاونكم
مدرسة العربي : أمل جلاد
Posted by Unknown at 15:51
Friday 19 October 2012
AlSalamo Alikom Dear Parents,
InshAllah the science research about Biodiversity will be postponed to Tuesday October 23rd,
as the students will have a workshop on Monday Oct. 22nd on information literacy skills (Research skills) with our Librarian Jazaha Allaho khairan.
And this is to provide the students with all the information they need to know about how to make a research, the resources that they can use, how to be organized, how to search for information, and how to be specific.
I hope inshAlah that they will benefit alot from this workshop.
Jazakom Allah Khairan.
Posted by Unknown at 13:36
Wednesday 17 October 2012
Monday 15 October 2012
Alsalamo alikom dear Parents,
Students are asked to make a research about biodiversity.
- What causes biodiversity to be lost
- How loosing biodiversity has an effect on all species.
- How can we protect biodiversity from being lost
The rubric will be sent with the students tomorrow inshAllah.
Jazakom Allah khairan
Posted by Unknown at 17:04
Saturday 13 October 2012
Friday 12 October 2012
Alsalamo Alikom dear Parents,
Math assignments for the weekend:
Solve page 18 in the practice workbook. Solve the math revision sheets on chapter 2.
Students have to study lessons 2,3,4,6,7,8 in chapter 2 for the Math test on Thursday Oct. 18th. inshAllah.
Jazakom ALLAH khairan,
Posted by Unknown at 15:57
Grade 5/6 Arabic Class
Assalamu alaikum Dear Parents
Students finished unit 1 from their Arabic books & workbooks, they learned 3 "anasheed", " Al-Rahman", "Mithla- elsaa'aatee", and "baytu Allahi elharam".
In Grammar they learned about Masculine & Feminine and how to use it with "Hatha & Hatheehee"
Insha'Alalh next Tuesday they will have Grammar test on the above mentioned lessons, and we will be working on unit 2 on the book page 12 to 15, along with all new vocabularies, and homework will be assigned.
Posted by Unknown at 15:14
Test on: Canadian History/Aboriginal peoples
Date of Test: Wednesday october 17, 2012
There will be four parts to the test. As a class we have practiced Part 1, 3, and 4. I will take up part 3 with them on monday.
Part 1: Spelling (13 Marks)
- 10 provinces
- 3 territories
Part 2: Map of Canada
- students will be asked to place the Provinces and Territories on the map. (13)
- spelling counts
Part 3: Match the word with the definition ( 6 marks)
- 6 words ( will be taking up on monday)
Part 4: Short answer (8 marks)
- stuents will be given three theories.
- student will choose 2 theory
- student is to explain( 2 marks) and give example for each theory(2 marks).
The test is worth 40 marks in total. :)
Posted by Unknown at 14:04
AlSalamo alikom Dear Parents
The arabic schedule for Gr. 5 -6 for Next week - insha'Allah - will be :-
Reading and comprehention ( Olymbic Sports)
Dictation ( Elhamza at the end) paragraph page 89 from lesson (Ol ymbic Sports)
poem :- rain drops
Project (Olymbic Sports) more information about the project will be sent with students.
Posted by Unknown at 13:55
Wednesday 10 October 2012
AlSalamo Alikom Dear Parents,
I would like to inform you that our school is participating in World Record for the Largest Practical Science Lesson Event. This Event will be on Friday, October 12th in the gym. The lesson starts at 1:00pm and ends at 1:30 pm sharp. It's about Bernoulli Principle. Students will be doing 2 small and easy experiments that should last no more than 5 to maximum 10 minutes each.
Please check the following website for more information about the event , the 2 experiments:
Please ask your children to visit the website as we want to get them excited about it.
Jazakom Allah Khairan for your Cooperation
Posted by Unknown at 10:17
Wednesday 3 October 2012
- analyze and assess their own progress
- plan and manage their time to complete the work
- integrate diverse experiences in and out of the classroom
- make decisions about future goals based on evidence and criteria
The portfolio benefits each student differently. Some possible benefits are listed below. Naturally, these develop over time as students reflect on their evolving knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- develops organizational skills
- develops decision making skills
- develops problem solving skills
- develops writing skills
- develops motivation
- develops presentation skills
- develops thinking skills
- documents student growth over time
- encourages students to value their work
- encourages pride in accomplishments
- encourages expression of individual creativity
- encourages better attention to the learning process
- helps students to make better choices
- increases responsibility and independence
- teaches students to value self
- teaches a positive approach to solving problems
Research also shows that students benefit from an awareness of the processes and strategies involved in writing, solving a problem, researching a topic, analyzing information, or describing their own observations.
Ref.: Gallaudet University
Jazakom Allah Khairan
Posted by Unknown at 21:50